Tiffany & Co. Releases Its New Sustainability Website
Tiffany & Co. published its enhanced Tiffany.com/Sustainability website representing the next chapter in Tiffany’s industry-leading legacy of social and environmental responsibility. The website outlines the luxury jeweler’s commitments, actions and longterm vision to promote the well-being of people and the planet at the heart of the brand. The site is designed to increase transparency and be accessible to all of Tiffany’s stakeholders, including Tiffany customers and employees, and includes formal reporting updates on Tiffany’s 2018 sustainability performance.
“As a global company and luxury leader, Tiffany has a bigger role to play beyond careful and responsible stewardship in our own business operations,” said Alessandro Bogliolo, chief executive officer, Tiffany & Co. “We can, and do, leverage our legacy and our reach to drive positive change in the industry and in the world.”
The website summarizes the great strides in socially and environmentally sustainable efforts that Tiffany made in 2018 and so far in 2019. Among these are:
• The launch of the Diamond Source Initiative, which identifies for Tiffany customers the provenance of all newly sourced, individually registered diamonds.. This new initiative is a significant step in diamond transparency and continues Tiffany’s longstanding commitment to responsible sourcing.
• In 2018, the luxury house continued to provide a living wage for artisans in Tiffany’s manufacturing workforce in developing countries.
• In 2019, Tiffany established Employee Resource Groups to maintain inclusion that focus on working parents, communities of color, the LGBTQcommunity and women.
• In addition to strong female representation throughout the Company and its leadership, Tiffany achieved a gender ratio of 45% women on the Tiffany & Co. Board of Directors in June 2019.
• Tiffany is ahead of schedule in its goals for reaching net zero emissions, LEED-certified green buildings, sustainable packaging and 100 percent renewable electricity.In 2018, over 80% of Tiffany’s global electricity came from clean, renewable sources.
• The Tiffany & Co. Foundation has awarded more than $80 million in grants to help preserve the world’s seascapes and landscapes—from Australia’s Great Barrier Reef to the majestic natural monuments of the American West.
• The Save the Wild collection, now in its second year, which has garnered over $5 million since its inception benefitting the Wildlife Conservation Network, including the Elephant Crisis Fund, to protect endangered species.
Tiffany’s has long been transparent about its sustainability efforts and progress. Building upon Tiffany’s legacy of social and environmental stewardship over the past two decades, the enhanced Tiffany.com/Sustainability website provides a comprehensive look at the luxury jeweler’s history and recent action. In addition, Tiffany formally reports on 2018 metrics, a sub-set of which are assured by PwC, and its alignment to internationally recognized external reporting frameworks, including the Global Reporting Initiative, United Nations Global Compact Communication on Progress and the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. For more details on these highlights, please visit Tiffany.com/Sustainability or follow #TIFFANYSUSTAINABILITY
About Tiffany & Co.
In 1837, Charles Lewis Tiffany founded his company in New York City where his store was soon acclaimed as the palace of jewels for its exceptional gemstones. Since then, TIFFANY & CO. has become synonymous with elegance, innovative design, fine craftsmanship and creative excellence. During the 20th century its fame thrived worldwide with store network expansion and continuous cultural relevance, as exemplified by Truman Capote’s Breakfast at Tiffany’s and the film starring Audrey Hepburn.
Today, with more than 14,000 employees, TIFFANY & CO. and its subsidiaries design, manufacture and market jewelry, watches and luxury accessories – including more than 5,000 skilled artisans who cut diamonds and craft jewelry in the Company’s workshops, realizing its commitment to superlative quality.
The Company operates more than 300 TIFFANY & CO. retail stores worldwide as part of its omni-channel approach. To learn more about TIFFANY & CO. as well as its commitment to sustainability, please visit Tiffany.com